Leading Online Travel Agent eDreams’ latest poll reveals that Americans have the appetite to travel
LONDON, July 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — eDreams, leading online travel agent, has polled 10,000* customers across the USA, UK and Europe* to explore how travellers are feeling about travel.
Data from the 2021 Holidays research conducted by an independent research company* revealed that 61% of Americans rank travelling the world as their most therapeutic pastime, followed by shopping (19%) and going to bars, restaurants and clubs (11%).
57% of Americans with savings of $1,000 would choose to spend it on travel, with over half of American respondents (53%) planning if possible short haul trips in the next three months and 36% planning long haul flights – the highest of all other nations polled. Fly and flop holidays remain a firm favourite for Americans with 35% respondents naming beach holidays as the most restorative break, beaten only by Germany (44%). When it comes to city breaks, both American and British travelers show the most appetite – 10% of respondents compared to lower percentages in all other markets. However, though they have a keen interest in travel, Americans are still cautious about COVID-19 with 42% of respondents reporting a preference for places where there are few – or even no – other people.
The data for US travellers also reveals:
- Good deeds: Americans are almost twice as likely to prioritise spending on good deeds as any other nation (22% compared to the closest nation, Italy, with 13%)
- Shopping: Almost half of respondents prioritise shopping (46%) – the highest of all markets
- US travellers’ hierarchy of holiday that they find most restorative:
Beach holidays (35%) – relaxation and wellness holidays (26%) – nature holidays (15%) – remote vacations (11%) – city vacations (10%)
Across markets, the general consensus from 10,000 respondents is that:
- 51% hope to travel short haul in the next few months
- 63% believe that travelling the world is therapeutic
- 31% prefer beach holidays above all other types of destination
Travel in music with eDreams Prime: We are delighted to have curated for you a travel playlist to brighten up your summer: please just click on the link, sit back, and enjoy!
*Research conducted 6th-14th July 2021 by One Poll for eDreams ODIGEO. 10,000 adults who have been on holiday abroad in the last five years were polled in Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, USA and UK. 2,000 of these respondents were based in the USA.
About eDreams: eDreams is one of the world’s leading online travel brands. A true disruptor in the online travel booking sector since its foundation in 1999, putting cutting-edge technology solutions to work on behalf of travellers across the world. It offers the widest choice of flights from over 650 airlines, hotels, flight + dynamic hotel packages, car rentals, travel insurance as well as innovative services such as eDreams Prime, the very first subscription programme ever created in travel. eDreams is part of the eDreams ODIGEO Group, one of the world’s largest online travel companies serving 17 million customers in 45 countries globally.
- HERSITY Toddler Tool Kit with Carry Box Kids Tool Construction Set Educational...
RRP PRICE: £16.99SALE PRICE: £14.99YOU SAVE: £2.00 Suitcase Size: 23*12.5*11 cm. Material: Plastic. High quality, robust, non-toxic. Best birthday […]
- Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile, Baby Mobile and Stroller Activity Toy with Music,...
RRP PRICE: £24.99SALE PRICE: £21.97YOU SAVE: £3.02 Take-along mobile, suitable for babies 0+ months 5 non-repetitive melodies, for a sensory music […]
- DNA Stress Balls Toys Set for Kids and Adults – 3-Pack Stress-Relief DNA...
SALE PRICE: £10.95YOU SAVE: £2.00 ✮ STRESS-RELIEF TOY ✮ – our DNA stress Balls set make all the accumulated tension & stress just […]
- WOW! STUFF Professor Snape’s Potion Bottles Mood Lamp | Bedroom Accessory...
RRP PRICE: £24.99SALE PRICE: £20.91YOU SAVE: £4.08 About this item ILLUMINATE YOUR BEDROOM and become a Potions Master, Inspired by the many […]