Atas unveils Recognition Awards ahead of conference
The Association of Touring and Adventure Suppliers (Atas) has unveiled a redesigned awards scheme for travel agents, called the Atas Recognition Awards.
There will be seven honours, which will be presented to the winning agents on the second night of the Atas Conference in Birmingham (October 19-20).
Claire Brighton, Atas account director, said: “We’re delighted to launch this new-look awards scheme and looking forward to seeing the entries coming in.
“It has been a tumultuous time for agents since our last awards were presented at the 2019 conference. The categories and judging will reflect the upheaval that agencies have faced and recognise how they have overcome the hurdles and are now looking forward to the sector’s recovery.
“We urge agents in the sector to enter themselves or their colleagues and we will celebrate their outstanding achievements together at the awards ceremony next month.”
Entries for the award scheme are now open to UK and Irish agents and agencies, and entrants will be judged by a panel of Atas members.
The categories are:
• Most Engaged Agent – open to individual agents who have engaged with Atas and our members over the last 24 months. Entries should briefly highlight how you have engaged with the touring and adventure sector, what campaigns you have supported and what sort of training you have undertaken. Agents can nominate themselves, their colleagues or be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Sustainable Travel Award – open to individual agents or agencies who have made strides to make their business more sustainable/responsible over the last 24 months. Entries should briefly highlight what measures have been put in place to make the business more responsible. Agents can nominate themselves, their colleagues or can be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Touring & Adventure Newcomer – this category is open to any agency which has started trading in the last 24 months and focused on touring and adventure holidays; started a new part of its business specifically aimed at touring and adventure; or started a new part of its business that has elements aimed at touring and adventure holidays. Entries should briefly cover what the business has done to attract new to touring and adventure customers. Agencies can nominate themselves, their colleagues or can be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Community Champion – this category is open to agents or agencies who have gone the extra mile to help their local community over the last 24 months. Entries should briefly highlight how the individual or business has helped the local community. Agents can nominate themselves, their colleagues or can be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Social Media Star – this category is open agents or agencies who have promoted touring and adventure holidays to their followers over the last 24 months. Entries should briefly some of the following information: followers, engagement and number of posts. Agents can nominate themselves, their colleagues or can be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Top Touring Agent – this category is open to any agency and will be nominated by Atas tour operators.
• Top Adventure Agent – this category is open to any agency and will be nominated by Atas adventure operators.
Agents and agencies wishing to enter or nominate should send their submission to Claire Brighton, Atas account director, on [email protected]
- GIFT4KIDS Dinosaur Building Blocks, Wooden Animal Shaped Balance Stacking Toys,...
SALE PRICE: £13.49 【 Cute Dinosaur Shape Blocks 】 :GIFT4KIDS’s stacking toys are in the shape of cute dinosaur, which are very popular among […]
- Display4top Airbrush Toy Model Parts Spray Booth Hose Kit Paint Craft Odor...
SALE PRICE: £82.90YOU SAVE: £5.00 Constructed with LED lights on the top and both sides; Comes with carrying case, handles, and skid proof rubber […]
- Toy Coffee Machine Wooden Toys- Cafe Role Play Coffee Maker Pretend Toy...
SALE PRICE: £23.95 Coffee Machine Toy: Most of the buttons in this coffee maker toy can be rotated, similar to a real coffee machine, and very real, […]
- LESGOT! Take-Apart Digger Toys Cars Set,4 in 1 Construction DIY Garden Games...
SALE PRICE: £10.19YOU SAVE: £1.80 【Develop Intelligence】Let your child’s imagination run wild with the LET’ GO! Digger Toys set. The […]