Money Saving Expert’s warning to anyone with unspent Tesco Clubcard vouchers
Money Saving Expert is urging anyone with unspent Tesco Clubcard vouchers to make sure they claim them before they expire this month. The site says that around £17 million has yet to be claimed, and warned shoppers they could lose out if they don’t claim them during May.
The vouchers are usually valid for two years, but there are ways of extending the expiry date for another two years. With nearly 20 million holders in the UK alone, Tesco’s scheme is incredibly popular, with shoppers able to access exclusive deals on everything from groceries to free trips to holiday venues.
Last week, the supermarket defended its Clubcard scheme after shoppers criticised charging widely different prices for those without one of the money-saving cards. Customers branded the price differences ‘shocking’ ‘ridiculous’ and ‘crazy’.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “Through Clubcard Prices, we’re giving more than 20 million customers access to thousands of exclusive deals on everything from everyday staples like fruit and veg to treats like prosecco and ice-cream. It’s easy and free to sign up, and customers can register on the Tesco Grocery & Clubcard app, website or in store to start saving straight away.”
The moneysavingexpert.com website says: “Tesco’s Clubcard is one of the most generous loyalty schemes around, if used the right way.”
The website also has some advice on how to extend the expiry date:
- Make a small purchase on the Clubcard site and the remaining balance is credited back to your Clubcard account as points.
- They’ll then be reissued as new vouchers (with an expiry date up to two years in the future) when you next get a batch. So if you spend 50p on a £10 voucher, you’ll get £9.50 as new vouchers.
- There’s no min spend, but the aim’s to shell out as little as possible . A good option might be a 50p restaurant voucher* (worth £1.50 at your chosen restaurant).
The website adds: “Bear in mind you’ll need to do this for each individual voucher though, so weigh up if it’s actually worth it for smaller denominations. For example, if you’ve a £10 voucher it’s probably worth it – if you’ve got a handful of £1 vouchers, maybe less so.”
- New Era – McLaren Essential 9Forty Strapback Cap – Colour: Grey
REGULAR PRICE: £27.50 Official McLaren Cap. Rubberised “McLaren Formula 1 Team” name and logo on front. Made from recycled fabric. Embroidered […]
- Winthome Changing Robe 100% Terry Towelling Cotton, Quick Dry Robe Towel Poncho...
REGULAR PRICE: £26.99 100% SKIN FRIENDLY: Winthome cotton changing robe is made of 100% terry cotton(400 gsm), super absorbent and quick drying. […]