Luxury £90-a-day hotel where staff can sleep next to your dog
Getting a pet means getting a new addition to the family and, for dog owners in particular, this means a lot of hard work and care to make sure their four-legged friend stays happy, healthy and settled. But, sometimes, us humans need a getaway – or simply have to go away for work or other reasons – meaning our pups need a place to stay.
Nowadays, there’s more out there than just your traditional boarding kennels. You can leave your dog in the capable hands of a stranger, who will either come and stay in your house or will open up their home (and life) to your pooch while you’re away.
But what if you really want your dog to have a holiday of their own, or simply worry that leaving them at a kennel, or with a random stranger, will mean stress for both you and your four-legged companion? Well, just a 50-minute drive over the border into Somerset, there’s a hotel especially for dogs, featuring chauffeurs and even a dog spa.
The Country Dog Hotel is situated in Bridgwater and claims to offer guests an exclusive holiday experience, which is individually tailored and gives a guilt-free experience for owners – some clients have even said that their dog had a better holiday than they did. It advertises a VIP (Very Important Pets) service unique and personalised to each dog.
The service includes a London collection and delivery service, though this can be offered from other destinations, such as Bristol, too – the luxury door to door collection and delivery sees your pet picked up in one of the hotel’s Land Rovers in complete comfort (with no crates or cages) – all while listening to the calming Classic FM on route. There are regular stops along the way for toilet breaks and water and, being safe and secure in modern, well-equipped and even award-winning SUV vehicles, they’re never left alone under any circumstances.
Then, once they have made it to the hotel, dogs will live as part of the family, with access to all areas – just picture nights by the log burner and days running on the Quantock Hills, all the while being surrounded by a stunning rural setting. Guests are even able to sleep in a variety of beds and rooms, depending on owners’ requests – this can be in front of the Aga, on the floor in a bedroom, in the snug, or even on the bed with a team member.
The VIP service also offers:
- Bespoke one on one training
- A choice of food and the hotel’s own fresh Aga cooked homemade biscuits, daily
- Individual walks, as well as runs and group walks to aid socialisation – all tailored to your dog’s needs
- Days out/adventure days at various locations, including nearby beaches, dog shows and parks
- The ultimate pampering experience – from relaxing spa treatments to a full bath and clip (if required)
- Natural healing
- Care and medication for dogs who need extra TLC
- Care for dogs who suffer from separation anxiety
- Special areas for older dogs and smaller dogs
- Daily individual play sessions and additional agility training (if required)
- Daily updates to owners both with pictures and videos
- A choice of sleeping areas, including upstairs and on human beds
- A wrap-around care service
- A goody bag on check-out
They say the team at the hotel are fully trained professionals and specialists in their field – there’s even a vet nurse on site. Staff work 24 hours a day and dog guests can even sleep with one of the team on a human bed, dog bed, sofa or even while emulating your setup at home. They also have a five-star licence and the highest level of insurances and dogs are never left.
The VIP service is priced from £90 per day per dog. There is a minimum stay of three days (or for days over a weekend).
- GARDENA Perl Regner: water-saving sprinklers for watering plants rows and beds,...
Water saving: For targeted, water-saving irrigation of flower beds and rows of plants for water savings up to 70% Ready: The Perl sprinkler is […]
- Havnyt Pacific Garden Folding Chairs Textilene Mesh Steel Frame Weatherproof...
The pacific garden folding chair has basic construction made of extremely light weight coated steel frame The textline mesh on back and seat ensures […]